Dear Counselling Colleagues,
We wish to show our solidarity and support to all those working to alleviate suffering as a result of the spread of the coronavirus/covid-19 outbreak worldwide.
We hope our colleagues will stay safe. We recommend close monitoring of factual information provided by the World Health Organization (WHO) and reputable media organisations. We know that our colleagues around the world are thinking of all those affected and send their support to all healthcare staff fighting this virus. Rolling WHO updates HERE:https:https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/events-as-they-happen Global Coronavirus Case Tracker: HERE
On this page you will find:
- World Health Organization (WHO) advice to counsellors and mental health professionals.
- Updates and advice for counsellors from a sample of national counselling association
World Health Organization (WHO) Advice to Counsellors: Embrace providing care through Skype, video-conferencing, or similar means. Read and share our guidance on “Mental Health and psychosocial considerations during the COVID-19 outbreak” available HERE
Updates and advice for counsellors from a sample of National Counselling Associations:
- Asociacion Argentina de Counselors HERE (offering free telephone counselling throughout all of Argentina!)
- Trinidad and Tobago Association of Psychologists (TTAP) HERE — Video HERE
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy HERE
- American Counselling Association: HERE
- American Mental Health Counselors Association HERE
- Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association (CCPA) HERE
- Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia (PACFA) HERE
- Irish Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy HERE
- National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) HERE
- Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Beratung / German Association for Counselling (DGfB) HERE
UCA wishes to support our members so please do not hesitate to contact us at www.ucaug.org & firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional suggestions for this page.